Tuesday 18 February 2014

More of the end and others!!

First in this morning is from Elizabeth with other sailing boats too!!!!

24. "Jane, 
You are a wonderful TIAS host. I like the colors I chose. I even like the TIAS where I tatted a blue rooster and a red hippo. Thank you so much for the fun. 
Elizabeth in Semmes, Al."

Jacqui is next in this morning with her finished TIAS.  She says:-
25.  "Hi Jane - here's my finished TIAS - what an enjoyable piece this time, especially since I'm married to a sailor (retired)
It's kept me busy during my R&R in Florida which will be coming to an end in a couple of weeks (boo-hoo) - then it's back to work for a very busy summer.
ttfn Jacqui"
Poor you having to do your R&R in FLORIDA!!!!  I LOVE America and I'm jealous.

Jeff is in next from Canada.  He says:-
26.  "Ahoy Captain Jane!
Arrgh! First Mate Jeff from Canada here with me completed TIAS 2014 motif. My sailboat has become a pirate ship, ready to sail the seven seas. Or at least the nearby river. Don't mind loose threads you might see, them be the riggings and such. Tatting this ship has been great fun, almost as much fun as making people walk the plank-not that that comes up much. I'd better be off, much to do yet today. Now, where did I put me leg....
Jeff"
Tooooo funny, Jeff.  Hope you find your wooden leg!!!

Back again after breakfast and an odd chore or one!!!

Next is Suz who says:-
27.  "Hello Jane!
Shall we go sailing, you and I
Over the boundless sea?
Shall we face wind, and wet and waves?
Tell me, dear Jane, shall we?
Shall we away to wondrous lands
Where skies of blue shall be?
Where sun shines hot upon the sand?
Tell me, dear Jane, shall we?
For we've been on a journey, 
For many a happy day.
And we have built our sailing ship,
So now we must away!

Thanks for the fun trip! 
Hugs from Suz in Ontario, Canada."
Great rhyme, Suz.

Sonja has also arrived with her final day of the TIAS.  She says:-
28.  "Jane,
I am sad that the fun is over so soon!!  I guess that is what I get for taking a mental vacation for the first 13 days.
I am from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA.
I used Liz Beth size 20 black and #657.
I learned the shoe lace trick.  I opted out of doing Catherine Wheel Joins for the sake of time (since I started so late), but a review of them would have been nice.  I did do front side/back side tatting.
It was a blast.
Until next time,
Sonya"

Umintsuru is now next in my inbox and she says:-
29.  "Dear Jane,
It is a wonderful little sailing boat. Thank you for the attention to details. The two sails lined up nicely to the centre. I would love to make more sail boats in different colours and size.
This one sails to you from Singapore in two shades of purple and a burgundy of Flora size 20. It measures about 4x3 inches. Where is the nearest port to where you live?
Best
umintsuru"

Ginny has just sent in her final sailing boat with this comment and picture:-
30.  "here is my boat I hope it can take me on a great vacation!
Port Byron, NY"

Anne is next with her final boat.  She says:-
31.  "Thank you so much! I can't wait until the next one!
Maybe I'll do last years tat along too :) Anne"

Next to arrive is Judy who says:-
32.  "Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America."

Lelia follows shortly after the last one with her comment and boat.
33.  "Dearest Jane:
Lovely sailboat.   Thank you for creating the pattern and hosting TIAS.   Great fun!
Day 16 attached.
Lelia blogging at Stitches of Life II
Northwest Indiana USA"

Heather is now the next to go onto the TIAS blog as she sails into the harbour. She says:-
34.  "Thread used: Lizbeth 20 springtime variegated and  opera 20.
Heather Robertson
Ontario Canada"

Jacee is next with a wonderful picture and she says:-
35.  "Hello Jane,
I have added some of the doodles I worked earlier from Martha and your patterns together with this year's Tias - sailboat. Thread used are Zarina's hand-dyed Garden Path and vintage Coats 521, turquoise. So it's SUMMERTIME!! To the sea we shall all go! WOOHOO!!!
Jacee - Malaysia"

Ann-Sofie is the next person to arrive in my worn out inbox!!!  She says:-
36.  "Hallo Jane,
Here is my finished sailboat and it´s really a lovely boat. I love it! I used Lisbeth size 20, color Peacock Blues for the sails and Pink Med. for the rest.  Thank you so much, this has been so fun. I am looking forward to the next TIAS.
Have a very nice day!
Ann-Sofie from the west coast of Sweden"

Next to arrive is Fiona who says:-
37.  "Hi Jane,
Here are pictures of my day 15 and 16 efforts. What a lovely little sail boat! It will look great on the map I have in my office. Once I sew in the ends I will take a picture of it sailing merrily through my studies :) Thanks for all of your work here, and for extending the mystery and fun! 
Until next year
Fiona T Melbourne Australia.  (http://onemadtatter.wordpress.com) "


Finally in this early morning upload I have Connie who says:-
38.  "Hi Jane!!
Here is my sailboat!! It fits in perfect with the area that I live in. I am from the western end of Kentucky, USA. We have several lakes and rivers nearby. 
I used Lizabeth thread size 20 - rainbow splash and white. Already thinking of making more in other colors. 
I know you said not to thank you but I just have to say THANK YOU!! Without this activity, I would not have ventured to learn split rings as quick as I did!!!
Looking forward to next years TIAS!!!
Keep designing & tatting!!!
Connie"

Roelien has now sailed into my inbox with this comment and picture:-
39.  "Hello Jane,
Here is the endresult of my TIAS.  Anyhow a sailingship.
A few weeks ago I mentioned it already. But that does not matter. 
It was nice to do.
Many greetings,
Roelien"
Oh, I'm glad you reminded me, Roelien.  I did make a note on the first positive guess and that was on day 4 by Marieke's husband.  Lots of people sort of guessed soon after that too.  Hope to see you next year.

Lyn has just arrived with her finished sailing boat too.  She says:-
40.  "Hi Jane,
It might be finished but I'm not happy with it ! The verigated purple is size 20 Coats mercer cotton and the yellow is an older cotton that I thought was the same size but maybe not.
Thanks for all of your time to do these TIAS's and blog.
Lyn from Western Australia ."

Next to arrive is Mary Jane who has sent in her boat too:-
41.  "Thank you Jane.,  Love it., you can use this on all the water you have  close to your house. we have black ice this morning.,   
I live in Jasper., Indiana  USA
Mary Jane.,"

Maureen (and her gnome) have just arrived!!!  Here they are:-
42.  "Here is my ship, all the way from Brisbane, so it's had a long way to sail. Every time I look at it, I see a ship full of gnomes.......
This has been fun! - and I will be looking forward to next year's TIAS."

Helen looks as if she's sailing a little close to the rocks here!!!  Please watch where you're going!!
43.  "Hello Jane,
 here is my sailing boat, it took my right to the end to see it!
Thanks so much for the TIAS, I enjoyed it tremendously.
Greetings Helen"

Next to arrive is Julie who says:-
44.  "jane, I'm so happy with my first TIAS, it was a great adventure ^^
So, even if you don't want, I thank you for your kindness, your advices and this pattern wich is lovely!
So I live in France.
I used Lizbeth thread N°20, in purple iris fusion and silver.
I started to tat in december 2013.
Hello to every participant of the TIAS !!!!

Back after an afternoon out and my inbox is pretty full so please bear with me.  First in though is Sarah who says:-
45.  "Haven't had a lot of time for tatting due to sick baby.  She is going to be just fine just needs lots of mommy time.  Finally got the last two days done and I think it is an adorable sailboat.   Now I gotta figure out what to do with it.  Maybe applique onto the front of a cap?  Hmmm"

TallyTatty (love that name) is now back with her final day.  Here's her comment:-
46.  "Dear Jane,

On your lovely sailing ship,
I learned the shoe-lace trick
From my house in Belgium, bling, bling,
I de-mystified the self-closing mock ring!
However, self confidence in tatting, I boast
Was what TIAS 2014 taught me most!!

My boat needs re-tat, re-pair and a wash
So that sailing boat II can cross the line with panache!

Thank you !
TallyTatty"

Next in is Lesley from an interesting part of England.  She says:-
47.  "Hi Jane
I’ve finally finished my day 16. We had enough water sloshing around on our utility room floor last weekend to sail a ship, well a tatted one at least! Our hot water tank sprang a leak and short of a little Dutch boy and his trusty finger to plug the hole we had to call in British Gas, meanwhile mopping as fast as we could to avoid it escaping into the rest of the house.
I loved doing your TIAS for the first time; it certainly gave us all something to look forward to during this bleak winter weather we’ve been having in the Thames Valley.
My piece was tatted using J&P Coats Mercer cotton No 40, one in candy colours, the other brown.
Thank you for the fun and I look forward to next year’s TIAS.
Lesley from Windsor (just a stone’s throw from the castle!)"

Another English tatter next - Wendy.  Her comment and picture are here:-
48.  "See, told you it was a boat ;o)
Wendy from England"

Cheryl has arrived now with her final boat.  She says:-
49.  "Whew, done. I had to redo the second last day. I was at mom’s and using my phone to do the TIAS that day. Well, I tried to attach the boat to my shuttle thread on the second part of the split ring.
Eeek, what a mess. So, I cut it out and waited until I got home last night. I hope you don’t mind, I put an extra ring on top and a flag. My ship didn’t look very shippy, so I hope a flag will make appear more “shippy.” This TIAS turned out really nice. I do like the pattern a lot. I’m glad it’s a ship as it did so have that look with it’s billowing sails. WOW, where did the time go?
What date did we start this? Oh yea...I’m from Alberta Canada and the thread is Elizbeth #20, Girly Girl and Turquoise Twist.
 Cheryl"
We started on January 6th, Cheryl and I did think about putting a flag on top too but decided at the last minute that I'd not!!!

The next and fiftieth boat comes from  Caroline who says:-
50.  "We got rain and snow mixed first yesterday morning and the an inch of snow.  People did not realize what was under the snow and the hospitals had a record number of people in with falls.  Over 90 people.  The snow was all melted off by noon.  They say if you don't like the weather in Nebraska to wait 5 minutes and it will change.  It has sure proven true this winter.
I really enjoyed the TIAS but you sure lead us all down the primrose path this year.  I could not believe it would be a sailing ship - to obvious.  You sure kept us thinking and trying to figure out something other than a sail boat.
All of the thread I used were Lizabeth threads.  Caroline in Omaha, Nebraska, USA"

Next in is Marla who says:-
51.  "Hi Jane,
Good Day to you .... but a sad one too..... :(  as this is the final day and the adventure is over.  
Marty had the good fortune to finally seek the wisdom of the owls...  (everyone KNOWS that the Owl is the wisest of all!!!)   And Ned the Owl is wiser than most in this case... He told Marty that if he had come to him at the very first  (well, maybe the second or third) day, he could have saved him all this trouble.... for you see, he said, this is an EXACT replica (Though on a much smaller scale) of the Pea Green boat that he and Miss Kitty sailed in to England! (doesn't Miss Kitty look spiffy in her British Guard uniform!)  and they were very happy to see it as it was such a splendid craft!
So you see, if you ever have a question that you just can't figure out..... just ask an Owl!
Thank you!  and till next year,
I'm Marla from Boise Idaho USA.
and I used size 20 Lizbeth Spring Time & Orchid Green Med.
and a varied cast of characters!  :)"

Next in is Wanda who is the final person in this batch of uploads.  She says:-
52.  "Hello, Jane.  So it was a sailboat! A very pretty one, too.  Joining the mast to the sails was a bit of a tight fit but well worth the effort. As I didn't get it done before the end of your day yesterday I took the time to frame her. I'm still trying to come up with a name (all boats are named, aren't they?), maybe the "Knotty Thought"? I used Lizbeth size 20 threads in #130 Island Breeze and #657 Ocean Turquoise Dark.  Was I being psychic when I choose the thread colors???
Sailing away here in Kansas, USA
Wanda 

Corina has just arrived with her completed TIAS.  Here's her comment and picture:-
53.  "Hi Jane,
Although I didn't send you every update, I joined the fun and made my own sailing boat. I used Lizbeth 20 and Franks 20/3. I blogged every part on my personal blog. Great to read what other people guessed.
Thanks for all the fun!
Love, Corina
-- 

Next in is Fran who says:-
54.  "Dear Jane
Here is my final day. You caught me out there by making a join to a lock join and not just to the chain picots. I had to cut and redo my day 15. So very well done for maintaining the mystery and thank you for a lot of fun.
Fran UK"
I apologise, Fran!

Anne-Marie has just arrived and she has sent in this really pretty picture too.55.  55.  "Hello Jane,
Here is this beautiful sailing-boat! What is amazing is that I didn't guess's solution, as my husband and my older son are instructors about sail and my son make his job in teaching that....
YOU are a very good teacher for tatting...I learned during this TIAS to perfect split-rings,I finished with more easiness that day 15!
I had not understood all comments (What is BC3?) but they were very fun
You are a devoted fairy for case of tatting! And I enjoy to see that so much countries around the world have followed your invitation! 
You don't risk being forgotten until next TIAS 2015!
Made in Altin Basak 50 variegated color 3001,and Cebelia DMC 30 color 699.
Greetings Jane and thanks.
Anne-Marie quelque part en FRANCE"
I will explain BC3 in my email to you, Anne-Marie.




No comments: